Thursday, September 22, 2011

Maryland Rennaissance Festival


My family and I make an annual trip to this event. Some find it cheesy, some find it overwhelming I find it both and yet I love it. Its a great place to take your kids and even dates too, plenty of food, plenty of people watching and tons of events for all ages. Kids under 3 are free adults prices range with age.
It is a dirt ground so be prepared to get dusty or muddy depending on the previous weather the night before. Suggestion for those with toddlers that like to run around bring an extra pair of pants and shoes for when you get back in the car.
Tons of food options and alcohol for the adults. There are games that cost a few dollars here and there but there are also a lot of activities that are free. The best ride this year was the Elephant ride which wasn't cheap (I want to say $7 for kids and $13 for adults) but it was a awesome experience for my son and I.
Strollers are allowed, and so are backpacks and small coolers to fit under stroller for those that want to bring their own beverages or food. Be sure to bring cash, a lot of vendors take Credit Cards but its much easier to have cash on you to pay for the smaller things like games and snacks.
Hope every one that can attend does its a really fun experience and a great way to teach your kids about the Renaissance era.

No comments:

Post a Comment